Technical Team Lead/Solutions ArchitectApply Now
To pursue our mission of “helping clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology”, we are looking for a hands-on technical team lead to help us manage our growing team of software engineers. The main purpose of this role is to lead an agile team of software engineers working to an agile methodology, delivering business critical projects for our customers whilst maintaining good team morale.
Reporting into the Head of Software Services, this will be a key role within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with our Business Analysts and Scrum Masters. As the technical team lead, you will be responsible for leading, managing and motivating a cohort of software engineers on a daily basis along with solution design and writing business critical code on the projects your team will be engaged with. You will be the contact point for all developers assigned to your team, so your communication and people skills need to be excellent. If you are passionate about leading and coaching software engineers to produce high quality solution designs and code, then you are the right person for this job. This role will require a great mix of technical leadership and people leadership and would be an ideal next step for a career in software management.
- Lead, inspire and motivate a small team of software engineers in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Drive continuous improvement practices within your team, e.g. reviews and retrospectives.
- Work closely and listen to team members’ feedback to resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Actively promote an agile mindset and a positive working environment for the team.
- Help maintain high standards of code quality within the team by establishing and mentoring around good development practices and habits.
- Drive and support the adoption of new technologies, tools and techniques within your team.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback
- Proven solution architecture, design, and implementation experience.
- • Collaborate effectively with our business analysts and scrum masters to design, develop, test, and maintain our client’s web-based applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Play a key role in providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
- Work with other technical leads to maintain a pragmatic set of code quality processes and drive adoption of same within your team.
- Participate in and drive peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Participate in early-stage client meetings as the technical subject matter expert, providing technical and architectural input into initial project discussions.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
- Strong experience with object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as Test Driven development, Enterprise implementation patterns, SOLID principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/delivery environments.
- Extensive experience with debugging, performance profiling and application optimization
- Experience with building and managing distributed web systems.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and automated testing.
- Database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Ability to solve complex problems and participate in continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Previous experience leading a team of software engineers including performance, development and disciplinary issues would be a huge plus but not essential.
- Experience recruiting staff and building development teams would be great but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Willingness to travel, if required.