Cyber Security Training
ActionPoint is delighted to bring Cyber Security training to our Virtual Academy.
Regardless of your computer experience, this class will help you become more aware of technology related risks and what you can do to protect yourself and your organization from them. This course will help you to:
- Understand security compliance needs and requirements Recognize and avoid phishing and other social engineering
- Recognize and avoid viruses, ransomware, and other malware
- Help ensure data security on computers, mobile devices, networks, the Internet, and in the cloud.
In this course, you will use discussions, case studies, and the experiences of your instructor and fellow students to explore the hazards and pitfalls of technology and learn how to use that technology safely and securely.
Timeframe: half day course
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with the basic use of conventional end-user technology, including desktop, laptop, or tablet computers; mobile phones; and basic Internet functions, such as web browsing and email.
Timeframe: 1/2 day
Suitable for: This course is designed for the non-technical end-user of computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet, to enable you to use technology more securely to minimize digital risks.
In this course, you will identify many of the common risks involved in using conventional end-user technology, as well as ways to use it safely, to protect yourself from those risks.
1 – Identifying the Need for Security
- Identify Security Compliance Requirements
- Recognize Social Engineering and Avoid Phishing and other Attacks
2 – Securing Devices
- Maintain Physical Security of Devices
- Use Passwords for Security
- Protect Your Data
- Identify and Mitigate Viruses, Ransomware, and other Malware
- Use Wireless Devices Securely
3 – Using the Internet Securely
- Browse the Web Safely
- Use Email Securely
- Use Social Networking Securely
- Use Cloud Services Securely