News & Insights
Actionpoint News3rd October 2017
Irish Tech Leader ActionPoint to Launch New Smart-Manufacturing Solution at IoT World Congress in Barcelona
Irish Tech Leader ActionPoint to Launch New Smart-Manufacturing Solution at IoT World Congress in Partnership with Microsoft, Dell and Intel.
- Irish tech firm ActionPoint has partnered with Microsoft, Dell and Intel to develop an out-of-the-box solution for manufacturers eager to harness the business opportunities presented by the Industrial Internet of Things. ActionPoint served as the “glue” between the 3 partners during the design and development process.
- IoT-PREDICT quickly gives manufacturing companies around the globe the real-time insights they need to improve overall equipment effectiveness and deliver cost savings to the business.
- IoT-PREDICT uses smart sensors to gather vibration, temperature and power consumption data from the production line to troubleshoot production problems, enable predictive maintenance scheduling and reduce production downtime.
- A unique collaboration, IoT-PREDICT’s smart-manufacturing software was developed by ActionPoint with Dell providing the Industrial Edge Gateway technology and Microsoft the Microsoft Azure cloud platform-based data visualisation, analytics and alerting tools.
- With the engineering user kept firmly in mind, IoT-PREDICT’s product and packaging design was developed by multi award winning Irish firm Dolmen Design.
- There are 4000 manufacturing firms in Ireland spending more than €12 Billion annually on suppliers, employing over 159,000 people and according to IBEC, 88% will be investing in new technology in the future.
Irish firm ActionPoint has collaborated with global tech giants Microsoft, Dell and Intel to develop IoT-PREDICT, a new Industrial Internet of Things solution aimed at the manufacturing sector and which is to launch at the IoT World Solutions Congress in Barcelona this week which takes place from the 3rd – 5th of October. IoT-PREDICT securely gathers extensive real-time data from the production floor to help manufacturers reduce down time, improve overall equipment effectiveness and deliver cost savings.
The IoT-PREDICT end to end system includes industrial grade vibration, temperature and current sensors connected to a Dell Edge Gateway 3000, pre-configured to process, store and forward sensor data securely to Microsoft’s Azure IoT platform and Windows 10 IoT OS, where the data is available to engineering and plant management to help them run operations more efficiently.
ActionPoint’s Head of IoT, Ivan O’Connor said; “Our aim was to have relevant and accurate industrial IoT data flowing from the factory floor to the engineering and management team’s desktops within 10 minutes of opening the box.”
Sam George, Director, Azure IoT, Microsoft Corp. said, “We are pleased to see ActionPoint has developed an IoT solution on Microsoft Azure, Azure IoT and Windows 10 IoT OS to enable remote monitoring at scale in industrial settings. IoT PREDICT, built on the trusted and global-scale platform, will help customers through increased operational efficiency, decreased scheduled downtime and improved asset utilization.”
Speaking ahead of the official launch in Barcelona on the 3rd of October, Dell’s EMEA Director – IoT and Embedded, Marc Flanagan said “We were incredibly excited to work on IoT-PREDICT as part of our vision for Industrial Automation.”
Design and usability were a major focus for the ActionPoint team during product development. They enlisted the help of multi-award-winning Dolmen Design to design a compact, pre-assembled and pre-configured system for quick and easy installation and commissioning in any industrial environment.
ActionPoint have in recent years delivered a number of successful technology solutions for global manufacturing clients such as Analog Devices, Johnson & Johnson, ALPS Electric Ireland and others. The launch of IoT-PREDICT takes place at this week’s IoT Solutions World, which takes place in Barcelona from the 3rd – 5th of October. You will find the team exhibiting at the Microsoft booth #301, Hall 5 at the Fira Barcelona Gran Via Conference centre. More information can be found at www.action-point.com/iot-predict
### ENDS ###
For comment and/or Interviews, email Ivan O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter Hunt email@example.com.
ActionPoint is an award-winning technology company headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. Founded in 2005 by David Jeffreys and John Savage, the company employs over 80 people and has offices across Ireland, the UK and the US. It joined the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 in 2014, 2015 and 2016, and won Deloitte Best Managed Company in 2017. It won Microsoft’s best SMB Award in 2017. ActionPoint is a Dell EMC Global IoT Solutions Partner and a winner of Dell EMC Country Partner of the Year in 2014 and 2016. Clients include Johnson and Johnson, Analog Devices, Alps Electric (Ireland) and Chill Insurance. ActionPoint also recently delivered the high profile and eagerly anticipated online renewal system for the Irish Passport Office on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland.